"The story behind the art of tea tasting, grading and the process of transforming the tea leaf into a perfect cup of tea that makes moments special and memorable." - Tea Taster | May 2017 | View All Reviews
Highlights & Features
- Learn about the tea production, packaging and distribution processes.
- Understand the subtle art and science behind blending, brewing and tasting tea.
- Learn about tea technology and value addition for local and export markets.
- Includes: Tea tasting, factory visit.
- Times: Morning/Evening (1.5 hours).
- Children: Advised to be cautious due to open machinery.
- To wear/bring: Light and comfortable clothing.
The Full Experience
Learn the subtleties of tasting, grading, blending and brewing tea from professional tea tasters who regularly visit the Sri Lankan tea auction.
Sri Lanka is recognized as one of the best tea producers in the world. You will visit one of the oldest tea producers in the country and get exclusive insights into the production process, and technology used in the different stages of refining, blending and packaging of tea as well as the unique grading process. Expand your knowledge of Ceylon tea by understanding subtle differences in grain, texture, colour, strength and flavour across high, mid and low grown teas. You will also gain an understanding of how different teas can be blended to cater to the demand of global tea markets, with unique preferences stemming from different regions.