"Extremely interesting moment, very special as it felt like a genuine exchange (we didn't feel as tourists then)." - LD | December 2017 | View All Reviews
Highlights & Features
- Visit your host's home in the hills just outside Kandy.
- See the Sri Lanka of the last 30 years through your host's photos.
- Engage with images ranging from traditional village culture to contemporary scenes.
- Includes: A host and refreshments.
- Times: Approx. 2 hours, 10.00am - 12.00pm (Morning or evening).
- Children: Small children may not follow.
- To wear/bring: Light, cool clothing.
- Important: Feel under no pressure to purchase photographs.
The Full Experience
Travel to outside Kandy city to re-live Sri Lanka's recent history at the home of a celebrated photographer with images recorded since 1985.
Once you have received a welcome refreshment, your host will begin presenting his imagery in his own laid back yet intimate living room, beginning with some of his earliest pieces. You have privileged access to rare imagery of Sri Lanka from 1985 until the present day, much of which includes environment, local culture and the realities of the island’s 26 year conflict. He works in both color and black and white, landscape, observational and portrait and it is almost impossible to enter into discussion as you are transported by fascinating and unique pictures once seen through your host’s own eyes.