"Great service all round. Host was lovely and knowledgeable. Enjoyed the talk on the nature walk." - Shellie Dagoo | March 2017 | View All Reviews
Highlights & Features
- Visit a working spice and fruit farm in a village.
- Explore nearly 16 acres of mountain garden.
- Indulge in a traditional rice and curry lunch made from garden ingredients.
- Includes: Guide, juice, lunch, water.
- Times: 1 hour from Kandy.
- Children: Plenty of space to explore nature.
- To wear/bring: Camera, trainers, repellent.
- Important: Between Ancient Cities and Kandy (1 hour from Kandy).
The Full Experience
In a rural village in Matale, your planter host will teach you about the trees, crops and local-style of cooking as you journey around the farm.
The Sri Lankan garden is actually a particularly picturesque farm spread over 15 and a half acres towards the top of a mountain so that it boasts incredible views of the Aluvihare Mountains. You are greeted by your host with farm sourced fresh juice and taken on a guided walk where you can learn about the garden’s collection of Sri Lankan produce, from pepper to papaya, cocoa to coconut and mango to mahogany. After observing these crops growing, enjoy the fruits of the planters’ labour with a traditionally prepared rice and curry lunch.