"The tour was educational and so interesting, it was active, yet super safe! I got to know the history of Sri Lanka and as much as I could see of Colombo in one night! Big thumbs up!" - Josephine Mikaelia | January 2017 | View All Reviews
Highlights & Features
- Discover an illuminated Colombo by bicycle and under the cover of darkness.
- Wisely created routes bypass traffic-heavy areas for fairly easy passage in the city.
- Ride past Colombo's highlights including the Arcade, Pettah and Slave Island.
- Includes: Host, bikes, helmets, refreshments.
- Times: 5.30pm - 9.30pm.
- Children: Suitable for over 12s.
- To wear/bring: Clothes/shoes for cycling.
The Full Experience
Don your reflective gear and delve into night-time Colombo with your host on this unique cycling trip around the city's highlights.
At night, the monuments of Colombo are illuminated and a warm breeze makes exploring the city more comfortable. Wending your way from one part to another by bike means you can cover a large area and evade traffic via carefully orchestrated routes. Begin your journey in Independence Square with a couple of test rounds on your bicycle before cycling to the Race Course, Cinnamon Gardens, Slave Island and Pettah. A great introduction to the city including landmarks such as Gangaramaya and Seema Malakaya Temples, Dutch Hospital and Fort Lighthouse. Complete your city journey with a beer at The Bavarian German pub overlooking the Indian Ocean.