"I would highly recommend this to anyone interested in learning about and supporting elephants in Sri Lanka - the elephant walk is great! It was immediately apparent how much the staff care for the elephants." - KT and KH | May 2017 | View All Reviews
Highlights & Features
- Meet, walk with and even bathe the elephants who are looked after by the foundation.
- Hear from an expert on the challenges facing these majestic creatures in Sri Lanka.
- Learn how the foundation cares for elephants and the truths behind their captivity.
- Includes: Guide, entrance fee.
- Times: Approx. 1.5 - 2 hours.
- Children: Will love learning about the elephants.
- To wear/bring: Change of clothes clothes if you wish.
The Full Experience
Visit the Elephant Foundation and spend a few hours with an expert to learn, care for and walk with its residents.
The elephant foundation's aim is to constantly develop the care, safeguarding and treatment of captive elephants in Sri Lanka by providing a refuge with appropriate amenities and facilities. In the on-site museum realise the complex history between Sri Lanka and its elephants. Many still live in captivity in poor conditions, however, the foundation’s elephants are well provided for. Help prepare and administer fruit, vitamins and medicines and, under the watchful eye of its mahout, walk through the grounds alongside a majestic resident. To chat more about the foundation’s project work and elephant behaviour, opt for a traditional lunch and visit the paper factory!