"The guide brings passion to the experience with his knowledge. We learned a great deal more than if we had just walked around with a map or guidebook. We felt like he was showing us around his own garden!" - TL | January 2017 | View All Reviews
Highlights & Features
- Take a guided walk through The Peradeniya Botanical Gardens.
- Learn of the garden's history and many stories.
- A highlight for many visitors including those who aren't botany lovers.
- Includes: Host, entrance tickets, water.
- Times: 9.00am to avoid heat, walk is 1.5 hrs.
- Children: Great for kids who love to explore.
- To wear/bring: Hat, camera, sunscreen.
The Full Experience
Discover The Peradeniya Botanical Gardens with an expert in botany and storytelling, who will intrigue and inform as you meander through its impressive grounds.
With a remarkable and international collection of delicate orchids and established trees and plants, some even imported from Kew Gardens in London, the Botanical Gardens is the largest of its kind in Sri Lanka and a joy to explore with your host. Once a garden reserved only for royalty and also serving as a headquarters during the Second World War, the gardens are steeped in tales to be shared on your stroll through its enchanting grounds. He will guide you along a circular walk through the leafy pleasure gardens that prosper in the Mediterranean climate of Kandy and attracts tourists, couples and families from all over the world.