"This one was in-depth, the food was delicious, and I didn’t worry at all about getting any ‘bugs’ as a result. I actually wanted more of most of the food we tried! The area we visited was vibrant, busy and interesting, and the arak-tasting was great fun. " - Jennifer Hudson | January 2018 | View All Reviews
Highlights & Features
- Great for adventurous travelers who want to discover Colombo’s authentic street food.
- Explore a variety of dishes, snacks and drinks influenced by different cultures.
- Complete your journey with a satisfying plate of Kottu at famous Galle Face Green.
- Includes: Host, water.
- Times: 6:00pm – 8:30pm (2.5 hrs).
- Children: 16+ years.
- To wear/bring: Conservative dress.
The Full Experience
As your host guides you through lesser-known parts of Colombo, discover how a beguiling range of street food and its culture connect the city’s people.
Wander through Colombo as evening draws in, where food, often in unusual guises, is everywhere. Begin with a shot of local Arrack in a well-worn local bar and wander past enticing higgledy-piggledy streets peeking between buildings. On thriving Hulfsdorp Street indulge in traditional sweet treats and pots of bubbling curry with packed dinner-time crowds. Grab a tuk tuk to the evening buzz of Galle Face to join families, friends and your final food vendors for a main meal. You will never be pressured to try food or drink and we cannot guarantee hygiene standards but this is the perfect opportunity to learn about the city’s sights and aromas.