"To sit in the river eating home cooked Sri Lankan food with fish nibbling our feet, is a memory that we shall forever cherish." - Corinne Noble | August 2017 | View All Reviews
Highlights & Features
- Travel to the more hidden Kanneliya rainforest not far from Galle.
- Scout out the collection of wildlife hidden in the dense canopy above.
- Your reward at the end of the walk is local lunch in the shallows of a lake.
- Includes: Fees, lunch, tracker & guide.
- Times: 8am Galle, 5 hrs including 1.5 hr drive.
- Children: Great for children who love nature.
- To wear/bring: Light clothing, closed shoes & flip flops.
The Full Experience
Discover the Kanneliya forest reserve, a less frequented but nonetheless impressive rainforest to explore with your wildlife tracker host.
Kanneliya is just 35km from Galle, so in just 90 minutes you can be out of the fort and into the forest. Your exciting morning walk takes you under thick tropical tree canopies housing monkeys, snakes and chameleons. Multitudes of birds will flutter from branch to branch above, whilst plants and flowers blanket the jungle floor. Stop to savour the sounds of your surrounds and refreshments at a local waterfall! The forest itself envelops nearly 80 villages, one of which is your host’s home and where his talented wife will prepare your lunch to be had in the shallows of a lake. A unique dining experience and an idyllic end to your journey.